SJMC Student Kevin Schaul Awarded AP-Google Scholarship

SJMC sophomore Kevin Schaul was one of six students awarded the first-ever Associated Press-Google Scholarship. The $20,000 national scholarship is aimed at students doing innovative work in digital media.

KevinSchaul.jpgThe journalism and computer science double major surely fits the bill: he's a programmer with MinnPost's interactive team, research assistant to SJMC assistant professor Seth Lewis and is focusing his coursework on data journalism. On his personal website, Schaul said, "I owe much of my progress in the past year to Dr. Seth Lewis, my journalism advisor. He has given me advice about school, careers and life in general. I couldn't be more blessed than to have him as a resource. Professor Kathleen Hansen convinced me to pursue both computer science and journalism at the beginning of my freshman year. I thought she was crazy, but here I am. I thank her deeply for that."

This page contains a single entry by showard published on April 20, 2012 11:23 AM.

Murphy News Service Offers Real-World Experience was the previous entry in this blog.

Premack Award Winners Announced is the next entry in this blog.