SJMC Student Named Semi-Finalist for Hearst Award

SJMC senior Arthur Neinhuis was named a top five semi-finalist in the Hearst Awards' TV Features Competition with his University Report clips "Home Brewing" and "Food Trucks."

"I was really surprised when I found out," said Nienhuis. "I was really excited."

ArthurNienhuis.jpgNienhuis says that SJMC instructor Dana Benson was a guiding force in his work. "From the first day of the semester in 4451: Advanced Electronic News Writing and Reporting, Dana told us about the Hearst Awards and other competitions," says Nienhuis. "I wanted to submit work, so I kept that in mind throughout the semester and Dana helped me with some touch ups and made sure my work was ready to be submitted."

Next up, Nienhuis is eligible to enter the semi-final competition in TV News, which will be held in March. From there, he can move on to the national competition, which offers scholarship money. "I'm definitely going to enter the next steps of the competition," says Nienhuis.

This page contains a single entry by showard published on December 18, 2012 2:13 PM.

Students Investigate Education in Minnesota Through Project with MPR was the previous entry in this blog.

Premack Awards Suspended, New Programming To Promote Public Affairs Journalism Underway is the next entry in this blog.