Jillian Ryks Joins SJMC Student Services

The School of Journalism & Mass Communication is pleased to announce that Jillian Ryks has joined SJMC staff as student personnel coordinator for the undergraduate program.

Jillian RyksAs student personnel coordinator, Ryks serves as a first point of contact for the student services office, answers questions, assists with the needs of students and helps administer the admissions and scholarship process, as well as other duties.

Ryks is a 2013 graduate of SJMC in the strategic communications track. As an undergraduate, she served as an ambassador in the College of Liberal Arts and as a program assistant lead for CLA First Year Experience, a new course required of all incoming first-year CLA students. Ryks has also worked for more than two years as an office assistant for the assistant dean of CLA student services.

"I had a great experience as an undergraduate in SJMC and loved the faculty I worked with," said Ryks. "I also really enjoyed my student work experiences in student services, so this position was a perfect marriage of the two."

"We are excited about the extensive University of Minnesota experience she will bring to the position, as well as the fresh insights she can provide to our work with students," said student services coordinator Rebecca Rassier.

This page contains a single entry by showard published on September 3, 2013 9:06 AM.

SJMC student Jeff Hargarten Investigates Plight of Veterans as a News21 Fellow was the previous entry in this blog.

SJMC Adjunct Instructor Awarded 2013 PRSA Gold Anvil Award is the next entry in this blog.