The Murphy Reporter, the alumni magazine of the University of Minnesota School of Journalism & Mass Communication, was honored with five awards at the Minnesota Magazine & Publishing Association's annual gala on Nov. 7, 2013.
The magazine took home two gold, two silver and one bronze awards for design and editorial categories:
- GOLD, single page/spread design for "Elliston Fund Hits $1 Million in Giving." By Sarah Howard and Nick Khow
- GOLD, feature article for "The Importance of Mentoring" by Sarah Howard
- SILVER, feature article for "Students in the Newsroom" by Sarah Howard
- SILVER, single page/spread design for "Grieving Online" by Sarah Howard and Nick Khow
- BRONZE, profile article for "Reporting the World" by Sarah Howard
The Murphy Reporter competes in the Education Under 30,000 category. Overall, there were more than 700 entries to the MMPA awards this year.