« The things I have come to learn... | Main | Quote o' the Day »

Yay! Volunteering!

classroom.jpg

If I had to choose one thing that I liked most about volunteering at MNIC, I would have to say it is the people and the students. Every time I walk into the classroom, all the students say hello and are very friendly. These past couple weeks have been no exception. I greatly enjoy getting the chance to learn more about the students as individuals and to understand their personalities.

My experience with MNIC has really made me stop and consider my future. About the time when I was in second grade, I decided that I really wanted to be an elementary school teacher (before that, I wanted to be a custodian...long story....). Of course, things have changed, but I have to admit that a little piece of me is re-considering that option. I don't know if I would be good enough or would have enough patience to be a teacher, but I love having the opportunity to help people. At the same time, however, I don't know if I could ever be good enough to be a good architect or designer. I am having a tough time picturing my self doing anything career-wise. I like a lot of things, but I don't know which path to seek. I really wish I was one of those people who passionately knew what they wanted to do. At any rate, I know I will continue with MNIC through finals week and as long as possible. I sincerely hope that I will be able to volunteer here next semester, even I do not have a service learning class.

(Photo from http://www.cstrainingcenter.com/classroom1.html)