« July 17th Submission | Main

July 28th Submission

Had a good week last week although it was tiring. We had visitors from our Netherlands group in the twin cities on Monday and Tuesday. Sorry about missing the class. I reviewed the powerpoint briefly and tried to retain as much as I could. It is difficult to stay on track when you miss class.

For Wednesday through Friday we spent time in strategic planning at the IBM Learning Center in Armonk, NY. That was a really nice setting for a strategic planning session. We are going through a lot change as we look to better integrate together and work towards being a "true" global company.

One of the larger issues that we are facing is that our styles and cultures are different. The way that we are

strucured from an operational perspective is different as well. However, our committment to being a leading provider of environmental, health & safety solutions is common so we are starting from a good base.

As far are our supporting systems and back-office procedures, we have a ways to go before I think we can be a seamless company. I can imagine that as company continues to grow and acquire assets, the amount of time and effort that is expended in integration must be very time consuming. Do you have any comments on the best way to integrate completely different accounting and IT systems together in a way that makes sense for each of us. Is it best to just select one of the systems?

Look forward to class tonight. Will bring along my laptop.

Thanks, Dan