« An Evening Walk at West Lake, Hangzhou (Posted by Julie S.) | Main | Lin'an: Buddhist temple located in the mountains »

Lin'an: A view of some of the stairs on the mountain

Torie_HikeSteps_Resize.jpg

(Posted by Torie K.)
The climb back down the mountain was just as grand. We got to see the village below, lakes, waterfalls, cliffs, and much more. At one point there is supposed to be 168 stairs in a row to get back to the bottom. I had such a great time running around and climbing on the rocks. I also got to explore so many little coves and places. In addition, I got to talk with new people and learn about their culture and their lives. We talked about the basics of school and our trip, but we also got to learn about the people themselves. I met a guy named Fu, and we talked about our majors and what we like to do when we are done with college. I also got to ask him some different things about China and he asked me questions about the United States. I had such enjoyable time learning about another country from someone who knows it first-hand. It can give a person a different perspective than learning it out of a textbook or from television. Our excursion took us about four hours and we walked that entire time, but it was well worth it. From the fantastic views to the amazing people, I would not have missed it.

(Posted by Torie K.)