Kidnapped Las Vegas Boy Safe at Home
CNN reported that the 6-year-old boy abducted Wednesday in Las Vegas was found safe, the Las Vegas police department announced Sunday.
Cole Puffinburger was found walking alone in east Las Vegas, police say.
"Cole has been found, he is safe and in our custody," Capt. Vince Cannito told reporters in a news conferenceearly Sunday morning.
Cannito said that detectives were placing flyers about the boy's abduction around Las Vegas neighborhoodsSaturday night when they got a call that a young boy matching Cole's description was seen walking alone on a sidewalk on the city's east side.
"Detectives rushed there, found the boy and confirmed it was Cole," Cannito said. "It's just a blessing that this child has been found and he's in extremely good condition."
Robert Puffinburger, the boy's father, said the what he felt upon hearing that his son was safe was emotion he felt after being informed that his son was safe was "indescribable."
"I'm just glad he's safe," Puffinburger said at the news conference. "I can't wait to see him!"
Cole was abducted Wednesday in what police say was a drug-related kidnapping. Three armed men tied up his mother and her fiance and ransacked the home, taking the boy when no money was found, police said.
Police say the boy's grandfather, 51-year-old Clemons F. Tinnemeyer, was had been involved in drug dealing and may have taken millions of dollars from drug dealers. The kidnapping may have been a result of his theft, police said.
Tinnemeyer was arrested Friday in Riverside, California, where he was held as a material witness. He and one other unidentified person have been interviewed in connection with the case.
Cannito asked the public to help find a third person of interest, Jesus Gastelum.
In Sunday's news conference, Cannito said the part of the investigation regarding Cole's abduction is now finished.
"The remainder of the investigation now shifts, the focus now goes on to the drug dealing and potential extortion," he said.