Choking trend- a deadly trend
I remember way back in the day, when the "choking game" was the coolest thing to do. Luckily, I did not partake in the cool tred, however many of my friends would "choke" eachother for fun. Kids love taking dangerous risks. In Paradise California the choking game was taken to far. At thirteen years old Gabe Mordecai died recently, due to the choking game. Gabe's twin brother Sam, found him with a rope tied around his neck.
"The first thing you think of is, 'My God, my child, he killed himself. Oh, my God.' And as soon as the thought came in my head, the thought was gone. I knew immediately what Gabriel had done. …I had no doubt in my mind," said Sarah Pacantte, Gabe's mother.
Gabe told reporters that he and his brothers had been playing the choking game for years.
I could relate to this story on a personal level. My friends use to play the choking game all the time. There were some great quotes in this story, but I would have liked the reporter to get some more details on the death itself.
There was a similar story written in the news courier.
I enjoyed this story because it gave background information on the choking game, along wiht\
a death-related story on the choking game. The writer of this story struggled with gaining
trustworthy quotes and information. This writer also did a great job with detail.