After collecting the driftwood from Anna, I began assembling it piece by piece based on the individual sizes, the weight, and the composition of the wood. It was difficult working with the base of the tree because the large vertical piece was pretty rotted out and the screws weren't holding it very well. I eventually found a few places where they stuck, though, and I continued assembling piece by piece as the tree informed me how it wanted to look as I went through the process of building it.
Here's the tree after I assembled all the main pieces.
Here it is in the performance and installation space. It was only about 5 feet tall, so I wanted to add on a branch to help fill it out and make it have more of a presence. You can see the branches we were working with in the background.
After picking out a branch, I tied it with twine to the tree and added the bones from Anna at the base and the one hanging off the side.
A close up of the base.
The finished tree with the Raven mask hanging off of it.