The performance was a huge success. Every night the space was filled with at least 15 audience members - which was the original maximum we put onto how many audiences to have per show. The most we had was on closing night with a whopping 40 people not including the performers in the tiny little performance and installation room.
In the end, I built a portal, a cairn, and a tree, aided in tech week by coming in and hanging and focusing lights, and helped out with all five live performances by resetting and supervising different processes. Musicians, poets, dancers, performers, technicians, stitchers, and sculptors all collaborated to create this piece and together put in hundreds of hours to put it on for two nights.
The following posts will be a recap of my experience with the project - detailing some of the moments from the performances that I thought were relevant to our class - the biological body, while others will go more in depth into some of the process work and creation of the performance from a sculptor's point of view.