« Scary thoughts | Main | Parade of Drones, part 1 »

On hiatus

Don't worry, it's not permanent-- but I will be gone for a bit, starting this weekend, on an international vacation... to Canada. Ironically, I'll be spending Canada Day in Chicago, and the 4th of July in Toronto. (Maybe we'll go to Niagra Falls that day... still think I'm un-American?) I may try to post if I get a chance, but don't hold your breath. Instead, subscribe to this blog's feed:

[Atom]
[RSS 2.0]

That way, you can stay updated when I post. You can use bloglines or another newsreader service/program... I find bloglines incredibly useful and time-saving.

In the meantime, dear readers, feel free to explore the site a bit more. I like reading the comments people have left, and I'd love to hear from more of you. If you exhaust the possibilites of this site, check out Patty Wetterling's blog, Dump Bachmann, or even Bachmann v. Wetterling. It's important to keep all perspectives in mind.

Hiatus. Is that anywhere near Hyannis? With that East Coast family?

One went under the radar June 5, for me, so a quick comment while the main postings here are taking a rest.

I found it through the League of Women Voters website - that band of bipartisan no-nonsense ultrafairness, and proponents for our most central core voter values.

http://www.lwv.org/AM/Template.cfm?Template=/CM/ContentDisplay.cfm&ContentID=5571

The thinking of a collective civil rights coalition including LMV, Hadassah, and YWCA was decisively against any constitution tampering.

They were pulling the rug on the local Bachmanns, but more the national GOP-Wahhabi trouble-mongers and posturing opportunists.

The gist was clear, even while qualifying things with an early sentence, "The issue of same-sex marriage is an extremely difficult and sensitive one, and people of good will can and do have heartfelt differences of opinion on the matter."

They, LCCR [check the signator groups], chided handling such "differences" foolishly, "LCCR believes that this highly divisive amendment is a dangerous and unnecessary approach to resolving the ongoing debate over same-sex marriage, and that it would turn 225 years of Constitutional history on its head by requiring that states actually restrict the civil rights of their own citizens."

It does sound kind of real stupid and illconcieved when you look at it that way, doesn't it?

The flag is a symbol, and the same Wahhabi zealots were busy waving it about as sacrosanct, while wanting to make the Constitution their expedient toilet paper de jour.

Bad guys. Real villians.

Dunces and opportunists. People can have "heartfelt differences" but inflamatory propagandizing each two year election cycle is NOT from the heart. It is cold. It is callous. It is appealing to a least common denominator in zealots.

Saudi princes use their Wahhabi to incite, manage and rechannel popular domestic dissatisfaction with their excesses and blunders, away and in other directions.

Our Hasterts and Cheneys are no different. It is not Allah they parade and not Islamic fundamentaist rage and mischief they package and incite. Instead, it is a low-end Christian-but-intolerant holiday fireworks show they chose to set off before our day honoring key national and individual values - liberty, equal protection under law, and independence from any tyranical reach.

Bad guys. Real villians.