« Smorgasbord | Main | NRCC exec: Bachmann "in serious danger of losing" »

The Wetterling online machine

I don't know how much help these victories will actually be, but Patty Wetterling has been raking in the cash lately from online voting contests. She previously won a contest run by John Edwards' One America PAC and a "Red to Blue" contest run by the DCCC. She's now won a $5,000 contribution from Russ Feingold's Progressive Patriots Fund. Here's what Russ had to say:

"Patty Wetterling is a wonderful addition to our growing list of Progressive Patriots," Feingold said. "Patty has been a tireless advocate for those in need throughout her private life, and that experience will make her a valuable asset in Congress as she continues to stand up for improved educational opportunities, meaningful health care reform, and the working families of the 6th congressional district. I am proud to call her a 'Progressive Patriot.'"

And now, she's been featured again in another DCCC contest called "Candidate for Change." Voting appears to have ended, but the site promises to announce a winner soon. Based on her track record of these online contests, I'd say that Wetterling has a strong chance to pick up another.