« TypeKey | Main | NRCC smear backfires »

Bachmann flip-flops on the importance of debating

Which of these things is not like the others? Which of these things just doesn't belong?

August 8th:

Patty Wetterling--one out of four, the sixth district deserves more. What would your employer do if you only showed up twenty five percent of the time?

It is a sad day when a Congressional candidate decides veterans and local businesses are not worth the effort to show up. I received an invitation to attend a candidate forum sponsored by both the Forest Lake Chamber of Commerce and the Forest Lake VFW. Even though I had a previous commitment, my scheduler made it work. Given that Patty cancelled the day of the Forest Lake forum in 2004, I can understand why allowances were not made for candidate schedules.

-Letter from Michele Bachmann

August 9th:

In her opening comments Bachmann went on and on about how awful it was that Patty Wetterling wasn't participating...

-Mike at Minnesota's in the Middle

September 19th:

The nonpartisan, nonprofit organization Working Families Win will host a public meeting with 6th Congressional District candidates from 6:30 to 8:30 tonight at Bayport Public Library, 582 Fourth St. N.

Independence Party candidate John Binkowski and Democrat Patty Wetterling have confirmed their attendance.

-BvW, quoting from a PiPress article

Where is Michele Bachmann? I thought showing up to debates was her #1 issue!

Or was it education... or was it gay marriage... or was it "radical Islam"...

The Bachmann Record is a great site, people! Use it!