« Semantics | Main | More extreme rhetoric from Michele Bachmann: Democratic Congress would put American culture "at stake" »

Bloggers debate on radio

This past Saturday, there was a debate on the Northern Alliance Radio Network with Jeff Kouba of BvW and Eva Young of DumpBachmann. You can listen to it here.

I was invited at the last minute to participate in the debate, but unfortunately I was unable to. I am listening to it right now, and it got pretty ugly. I wish I had been there to get my perspective in. Eva was there with another perspective on Bachmann, but she was holding her own against three stridently pro-Bachmann, anti-Wetterling voices. Every caller to the show was pro-Bachmann, and Andy Aplikowski of BvW called in not once but twice to weigh in. I guess he was miffed because he wasn't invited on the show.

There were definitely some cheap shots thrown against Patty Wetterling on the show. One host (Michael Brodkorb of MDE, I believe) snidely remarked that Patty didn't know where Iran or Venezuela was. Then a crazy woman called in claiming that Patty Wetterling's foundation has a sexual predator working on her staff who molested her son, something I've never heard before and that I think would be pretty big news. Luckily the hosts cut this woman off.

Another woman calls in at the end ranting about the "creepy" photoshop pictures on Dump Bachmann and personally attacking Eva-- she even said she should "come out of the closet" and support Wetterling, and said that people dislike Bachmann because she's a "god-fearing Christian."

I did appreciate when a caller claimed that Patty Wetterling wants to take away Second Amendment rights, and Eva and Jeff both pointed out the statement on Patty's website that she wholeheartedly supports the right to bear arms.