« Michele Bachmann accepts $46,000 from the "Most Corrupt Members of Congress" | Main | City Pages takes a real look at Bachmann »

New Wetterling ad demands resignations in Foleygate

Tom Scheck finds Patty's new ad, entitled "Crimes." You can view it at her website. The ad repeats again her call for resignations and accountability for those who covered up for Foley. Here is the text:

It shocks the conscience. Congressional leaders have admitted covering-up the predatory behavior of a congressman who used the internet to molest children. For a over a year they knowingly ignored the welfare of children to protect their own power.

For 17 years, Patty Wetterling has fought for tougher penalties against those who harm children. Thats why shes demanding a criminal investigation and the immediate expulsion of any Congressman involved in this crime or cover-up. I'm Patty Wetterling and I approved this message.

This ad is an indirect shot at Michele Bachmann, who has held fundraisers with and benefited financially from her associations with Dennis Hastert, John Boehner, and Tom Reynolds, the key players in this scandal. It also gives Patty an opportunity to highlight the work she has done to protect children in the past.

I think it's a great ad, far more effective than the Bachmann-national sales tax ad. Kudos to the campaign for getting this ad out the door and on the air in just a few days.

On a separate note, I notice there's a new section up on the Wetterling website called "Michele Bachmann: Rhetoric vs. Reality." Good for them.

My favorite part:

Michele Bachmann: On Bipartisanship

Rhetoric:

Bachmann: "We worked together on legislation down at the capitol because that's how we get things done ... I brought together Democrats, Republicans, we got it done ... I saw significant legislation passed while I was in the minority."

Reality:

[...]

Bachmann only passed 5.9% of all bills introduced. While in the state Senate, Bachmann was the chief author of 203 bills. Twelve of those bills were adopted signed laws or successfully enrolled resolutions, a 5.9 percent overall passage rate. [MN State Legislature]

It's good that they're exposing Bachmann's PRT scam.