« Wetterling fundraiser with musician Tim Mahoney tomorrow in Elk River | Main | Minnesota Poll shows Wetterling with 8-point lead »

Would Michele Bachmann use her "visions" as a basis for deciding national policy?

Now Ken Avidor has posted the first half of Bachmann's "testimony" in Brooklyn Park.

This is utterly astonishing. Watch the entire 10-minute "testimony." This is Michele Bachmann as you've never seen her before. This is the real Michele Bachmann, the one that her campaign has done a very good job of hiding from the voting public at large (with the aid of a complicit, docile news media who refuse to examine this side of her.)

This is a Michele Bachmann who talks about having "visions," and basing life decisions on those "visions." To those who haven't watched the video, these are the self-identified facts of Bachmann's narrative of her marriage:

1. Michele and her "girlfriend" study the Bible at college.
2. Michele begins to have "visions" of her future wedding with Marcus Bachmann at his parents' farm in Wisconsin.
3. Marcus Bachmann has similar visions.
4. They decide to get married on the basis of these visions, not because they want to, but because God wants them to.
5. The romantic side of their relationship takes a further two years to develop. (It is unclear if this is before or after their vision-ordained marriage.)

Questions raised by this narrative:

1. Does Michele Bachmann still have "visions"?
2. Would she use these "visions" to make policy decisions, if elected to Congress?

The thought of electing this woman to Congress is truly terrifying. What if she has a "vision" of nuclear warheads raining down on Tehran? Will she do everything in her power to make that "vision" a reality?

Before you object, I don't think this is all too unlikely. Remember when God "spoke" to George Bush and told him to invade Iraq?

"President Bush said to all of us: 'I'm driven with a mission from God,' " said Nabil Shaath, who was the Palestinian foreign minister at the time of a top-level meeting with Bush in June 2003. Mahmoud Abbas, then Palestinian prime minister and now the Palestinian Authority president, was also present for the conversation with Bush.

"God would tell me, 'George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan.' And I did, and then God would tell me, 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq ...' And I did. And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, 'Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East.' And by God I'm gonna do it," Shaath quotes the president as saying in the three-part series.

Do you remember how that turned out?

Nearly 3000 Coalition soldiers dead. Thousands more maimed and wounded, not to mention those psychologically scarred for life.
An estimated 655,000 Iraqi civillians killed by Coalition bombs and bullets, terrorists, insurgents, and sectarian death squads. 2.5% of the population of Iraq.

Keep Michele Bachmann and her "visions" out of Congress.