Open thread

Yeah, you're right. I just wanted an excuse to post this:

bachmannbooks.jpg

I saw someone reading this book on the bus the other day. I thought the title was appropriate. I'm sure one could write a horror novel, nay, an entire series, with material provided by an imagined future (thankfully, it won't come true) where Michele Bachmann is elected to Congress.

Spotted: Coleen Rowley (off-topic)

Driving my girlfriend to the Burnsville Transit Station this morning, I saw the "Agent for Change," Coleen Rowley, the former FBI agent and current Democratic candidate hoping to knock off John Kline in the 1st District, introducing herselves to voters and passing out literature. It was just her and her minivan, decked out with campaign signs. Also, it was 6:50 AM. I wanted to stay and help, even though it's not my district... stupid job. :(

Kline may have the advantage in cash, but Rowley is showing her dedication as a candidate. Democrats are energized across the state. We have a great chance to pick up a couple of House seats (Kennedy's and Gutknecht's, and hopefully Kline's), keep Dayton's Senate seat blue, win our statewide races (Gov, auditor, and AG), and wrest control of the Minnesota House. All in all, this is going to be a good year for Democrats.

We now return to our regularly scheduled programming...