The U Bookstore is good for something after all!

So, until today, the only thing I'd done at the University Bookstore in Coffman was pay hundreds of dollars for my rip-off textbooks. (Thank God for scholarships! And, of course, the student account!) If you've been there, you probably know how I feel.

But, today, I had to go in there to buy some office paper, because I needed to pay my roommate back for giving me some at the beginning of the semester. (It's impossible to find, BTW, so if you ever need any, ask someone! Don't pull the "typical male" thing and look around for it yourself...unless you are into wasting time...you won't find it. Trust me.) On my way in, I see the "Bargain Books" table, and I start looking at it. In a couple minutes, I've already found two Christmas gifts for a significantly cheap price. (If you care: They are both hardcover books. One was $26.00 list, dropped down to $6.98; the other was $23.95, dropped down to $3.98. That's a savings of 88%, according to to the ever-trusty win_calc.exe!)

Anyway, the gist of the story is, now I've got 2 out of the 5 members of my family covered, and it's only December 2. That's gotta be a new record for me.

Posted by smit2174 at December 2, 2004 1:38 PM