Wow. What a worthless day.

Today sucked. I got absolutely nothing accomplished, outside of going to class. I couldn't focus on anything. Mostly because I was extremely tired and sick. I even failed at napping!

The general suckiness of today may have had something to do with the fact that it was grey and rainy outside all day. That's weird, though-- normally I enjoy rainy days.

Oh-- one good thing-- I got a 99 on my Film midterm. That made me happy. Especially because I'm sure a lot of people bombed it. Oh, how the mighty have fallen. Wait, that didn't make sense. Yep. It's just that kind of day.

Ah well. Tomorrow will be better. And if not, maybe the next day. For sure the next day will, 'cos it's Friday, and it's "Opening Night" of the College Democrats convention which UDFL is hosting here at the U. A lot of cool speakers are (or might be) coming-- Patty Wetterling, Matt Entenza, Dean Johnson, Amy Klobuchar, possibly even Mark Dayton. (If he comes it will be on Saturday.) Who knows-- maybe my hero Dan Miller will be there! *sigh*

And, if we can pull this off, it will be sure to be the highlight... ELEPHANT PINATAS!!! I think the kid who was in charge of getting them screwed it up (yes, even some Democrats are completely incompetent), so we probably won't have them, but if we did that would be sweet. It would give me great satisfaction to beat the hell out of that hated symbol of Republican indecency, corruption, meanness, and all-around un-American-ness. And then, once it was on the ground, I would stomp on it. Ha. Well, it's fun to imagine, anyway.

Posted by smit2174 at March 30, 2005 11:00 PM