Random post

So I know I haven't been the best blog landlord the past couple of weeks, so I thought I'd do a quick summary of things personal and public.

*I saw the Decemberists (again!) last Friday, in what was my first trip to First Avenue. It was great. Donny, Matt, Greta, and Nick were home for the concert. Melissa and Alex came as well. Possibly even a better show than the April show, though they played essentially the same setlist.

*I went home this weekend. I saw my cats, Winston and Chester and their mother, she-whose-name-we-do-not-utter. I cant call W. and C. "kittens" anymore... they are getting big!

*I anticipated Fitzmas

*I attended a flurry of cultural events: the city council debate between Cam and Cara, which convinced me to vote for Cara after all (I think); the University Theatre production of "The Madwoman of Chaillot," which convinced me that I need to go see more plays here; and a lecture by poet Phillip Levine, which convinced me that I should something meaningful with my life (what that something is, I do not know.) I love going to school here: there is always something entertaining and enlightening going on, if you have the time.

*Harriet Miers declined her nomination, after weeks of bad-mouthing by both sides. I feel kind of sorry for her: I don't think she would have been that bad of a Justice, if one can forgive her inexperience and lack of qualifications. But it sure is fun to see yet another political defeat for Mr. Bush & co. I wonder who they'll trot out next?

*I got swamped, as usual, with schoolwork, papers, and tests.

*The White Sox won the World Series. I watched parts of games 1 and 2, but then sort of forgot to watch the others. Oh well. I guess I'm happy for them, even though I hate them.

*UThink will soon be upgraded to Movable Type 3.2, so I am promising a redesign once that happens to celebrate the one-year anniversary of a plain picture. Though a few of those months don't count, because I didn't post at all.

Well, that's it for now. Check out this new blog I made (it's a work in progress) for the Month of Kindness, coming up November 10 - December 10. Mark your calendars!

Posted by smit2174 at October 27, 2005 4:48 PM