Distracted driving crackdown in Minnesota

This article from the Star Tribune was written by Paul Walsh about the law enforcement crackdown on distracted driving in Minnesota that starts Thursday.

I thought this was a fairly well-rounded article. It stated the news right away in the lead. However, I thought the lead was a little confusing and I had to read it twice to get it right. It could've been stated in a simpler way.

The article also states just how much law enforcement will be increasing their awareness of distracted driving, which includes more than just texting.

The article adds just how much distracted driving contributes to vehicle crashes. Following is a summary of the law about texting which provides a clearer view of what exactly is illegal to do.

Then the article describes that it is illegal for people under 18 to even talk on the phone. This, in my opinion, was a little off-topic since they were talking about texting and distracted driving instead of what under-18-year-olds can't do.

Paul then put in a good quote from Donna Berger, director of Minnesota's Department of Public Safety's Office of Traffic Safety. However, I might have had that further up to provide a point of reference to my lead.

The article finishes with a random piece about how many citations there are without specific references and where this enforcement is getting its support and an ad campaign. The last part seemed a little thrown in and could've been better placed.