First Post

I am very excited and nervous as I look forward to this technology class. I am excited because meeting new people and having new experiences is always a good thing. I am also very interested in this topic of technology and canít wait to see what new doors of information are opened simply by taking this class. I am nervous because with something new, I never know what to expect and no matter how dedicated I am to this new challenge, questioning whether I are going to keep-up and manage this new challenge always crosses my mind.

During this course, I think it would be useful to learn a variety of different things dealing with technology. I really want to learn how to use Microsoft Excel better so I can use it to calculate grades quicker by entering in formulas. I also think exploring different software for kids to find the perfect one to use would also be good.

The thing that I really want to accomplish in the course more than anything is to learn how to set-up and create a classroom webpage from the schoolís Internet website. I really want to be able to make this a reality so this fall when school starts, I can notify my parents of it, and therefore use it to post reminders, show student work, and communicate with them easier.

I look forward to this new adventure and to meeting everyone!

Posted by smock003 at July 5, 2005 11:03 AM