< Ilium by Dan Simmons | Main | A refreshing drink >

Interviews

It's been a week now, and more and more people are finding out about UThink, the blog system I'm running here at the U. It has been very interesting watching how word of mouth spreads a message, but now things are about to get a little more interesting. For example, just yesterday a student in broadcast journalism interviewed me, on camera, for a class she is taking. She said only her class would see it, but if it is good enough the piece may be picked up by "university report." I'm still a little confused as to what that means. But really, how could it not be good enough? It is about me and blogs! A powerful combination, to be sure. Actually, I'm a little concerned that I come off looking like a big dufus. Looking back at the interview all I can remember is me saying stuff like "You can, umm.... write blog entries with blogs and ummm... do stuff ... you know?" I knew this would happen, but all night long I was thinking about what I should have said. You are always more articulate after the fact. Fortunately for all of you, she will be posting the finished product on her website by Monday. I, of course, will link to the piece on this fine blog when it is available.

That brings me to today. A freelancer for the Minnesota Daily, the student newspaper at the U, will be interviewing me at 10:00 about the project. It seems the Daily is excited about UThink. That is great. The Daily is also read by way more than 20 people, so I am a little nervous about what the impact will be. I think the system is ready to go, though. We've had almost 50 testers, I've gotten some good feedback, and we haven't had any outrageous bugs crop up. Things are about to get a little bit more interesting for me, to say the least, so stay tuned!

Posted by snackeru at April 9, 2004 8:40 AM | UThink

Look forward to the interview content. Other than the green type, I've seen nothing wrong with the site.

Posted by: Cheesehead Craig at April 9, 2004 1:47 PM

I always thought the green type was a feature. Shane's way of subtly tipping his hat to the Irish.

Posted by: Tim at April 9, 2004 1:56 PM