< Love your neighbor | Main | I'm on TV! Well, sort of... >

Who isn't happy about this?

mick.jpg Doesn't this photograph just make you happy? It does me. My wife and I went over to her parents' house for Easter and of course my father in law was watching the Masters. I didn't think Phil had a very good front nine, so when I got to their house I was shocked that he was only back one. Phil was tied with Els going onto the 18th teebox, and I can honestly say I was nervous. Never have I wanted someone to win a golf match more. And then when Phil hit the match winning putt for birdie my in-law's living room exploded with happiness. That is what makes sports fun to watch, when someone like Phil Mickelson wins the ultimate event after years of heartache, hard work, and endurance. I hope to be showing a picture of Kevin Garnett like this in the months ahead.

Posted by snackeru at April 12, 2004 8:39 AM | Sports

I agree completely Shane! I love the fact he finally won, especially The Masters. This is by far the most prestigious one and this now makes all of his top 10 finishes in all those other tournaments and majors look all the more impressive.

Posted by: Cheesehead Craig at April 12, 2004 2:18 PM

My entire family watched the last six holes, and no one in my family golfs except me! The fact that Mickelson is such a nice guy could account for this. I was so happy when he sank the birdie put on the 18th hole. I was also happy to see Padraig Harrington, Ireland's best golfer, finish strongly and hit a hole in one.

Posted by: Curt at April 13, 2004 9:15 AM