< Next week important for stadium bill | Main | Victory news >

Victory Sports tidbits

After church I usually flip the radio on to the "Sports Huddle" with Sid and Dave on WCCO and I heard an interesting tidbit from Sid regarding Victory Sports. According to Sid, he spoke with Jerry Bell late last week and Jerry told Sid that he expects Victory and the cable companies to settle their dispute within the next 10 days. In fact, I think Sid said Jerry said that we should expect a flurry of activity within the next 10 days. That would be wonderful. Of course, I watched the game last Friday but it irked me to no end knowing that I wouldn't be able to see the games on Saturday or Sunday. If you know of any Victory Sports news, please let me know in the comments below.

UPDATE: Sid wrote a little about Victory today:

Behind the scenes, there is a lot of work going on to try to get Victory Sports and the Twins on television for most fans in the Twin Cities.

The Twins seem optimistic that they will work something out in the next couple of weeks with the major cable companies that will get their games on those cable systems.

Posted by snackeru at April 18, 2004 8:21 PM | Sports business

Please God, Please let this be true! when did you here this and when is the 10 days up so to speak

Posted by: Lucas at April 19, 2004 3:08 PM

Lucas,

I heard it yesterday (4/18) so I guess the 10 days are up on April 28. I'm with you, please God let this be true! Unfortunately, Sid has been known to exaggerate what he has heard, so I hope we aren't in for more disappointment.

Posted by: Shane at April 19, 2004 3:19 PM

After a long tradition of being frustrated by Sid on Sunday mornings (I won't even bother to go into all the absurb case by case incidents I have heard recently), I have officially made the switch to KSTP Sunday mornings. Pat Reusse, Jim Souhan, they provide some coherent commentary. I suggest all like-minded seriuos sports fans make the switch also. Where else could you hear the story of Sid eating a whole bowl of 1,000 island dressing thinking it was a bowl of fancy cold soup.
Jim in St. Paul

Posted by: Jim in St. Paul at April 19, 2004 3:26 PM

Jim, I may have to follow your lead on that one, but truthfully I think Sid is hilarious. His sports knowledge and insight may be waning as he gets on in years, but the way he treats his callers is high entertainment. I'll flip over to KSTP this Sunday and check it out, but I'm not sure I can listen to Reusse's whiny voice for long.

Posted by: Shane at April 20, 2004 8:00 AM