< Victory yet again | Main | Luther the Reformer >

Are you kidding me?

kenechi.jpg Wow! It looks like the Vikings just picked up the highest rated DE in the draft: Kenechi Udeze. This guy is quick, strong, fast, agile, and as you can see in the picture, he gets to the quarterback. He fell to pick #20 due to a shoulder injury, but from what I've heard it will either heal on its own or it can easily be repaired with surgery. This guy will be a disruptive stud and will be a steal at #20. Like Moss, he will also have a chip on his shoulder that he fell this far in the first round. Yikes! We got a player! And to top it all off, the Vikings convinced Miami they were going to pick Vernon Carey, so they traded the Vikes the 20th pick and another 4th round pick to move up one spot ahead. Studwell and Tice are forgiven for last year's draft debacle as far as I'm concerned. Udeze will have an immediate impact and should improve our defense by putting pressure on the QB. For more information on Udeze see:

Posted by snackeru at April 24, 2004 3:11 PM | Vikings

Mixon - Williams - Hovan - Udeze looks like an awesome starting D line. And with Rogers, Johnstone and Chuck Wiley as back-ups, I think we've got some depth. The LB they picked in Round 2 and the DE in Round 3 should also be able to contribute right away. Looks like a great draft so far! Skol Vikings!!

Posted by: Curti Hanson at April 25, 2004 12:48 PM

The Vikes had a very good draft. We'll see if Udeze does as good in the NFL as he did in college, should be interesting to watch him. Given the Packers drafted 2 CB's, I'm betting that McKenzie is going to be traded. Maybe he will be used to bring in the successor to Favre. The North is certainly going to be fun as Detroit now seems to have some offense. We could certainly see 3 teams with a .500 record or better.

Posted by: Cheesehead Craig at April 26, 2004 2:15 PM

Would you help me ? I would like to find out if Fred Smoot is related to my Seargent Smoot in the 55th Bailey Bridge Engineer Co. at Ft. Campbell KY in 1954. He was my favorite Seargent because he always had a joke to tell us and was one we could always talk to. He was always very cheerful. If Fred is any relation , I would like to find out the address of Sgt. Smoot because I would like to find out if he knew of anyone who had taken a picture of the Bailey Bridge mural which I was commissioned to paint over the serving counter in the mess hall. My children are anxious to get a photo of the mural. Maybe Sgt. Smoot would know someone who might have a picture and could let me know.

Sincerely;

Cpl. Lyle J. Christiansen
701 Imperial Drive
Morris, MN 56267

email; lylechristiansen@hotmail.com

Posted by: Lyle at May 18, 2006 12:13 PM