< The Watch | Main | Links of the day >

Life is good

Sometimes life is just plain good. Sometimes the planets are aligned, the stars and cards are all in your favor. Sometimes, life is so good the apex of the cone of time screams stay back! Slow down, there is still life to live! What could make me so happy? That's right, it was Twins fishing lure night at the Metrodome on Saturday, and I have the complete set! Behold, the Jacque Jones fishing lure!

jonesfishsmall.jpg
Click for larger version

Unfortunately the Twins lost, but that didn't stop me from celebrating the fact that I have every Twins fishing lure (that I know of) that has ever been created. And all of them have never been opened and are still in their original packaging. Some people collect bobbleheads ... bah! Who doesn't? Fishing lures are where it is at. Behold, the rest of the set:

dougfishsmall.jpg Here is Dougie's lure. Now Doug is a pretty avid fisherman so I wouldn't be surprised if he had to OK this model. However, it looks a lot like the Jones fishing lure with just some different markings. Hmmmm...
bradfishsmall.jpg This is Brad Radke's lure. Note the ... exact same design. Again just some different markings.
eddiefishsmall.jpg And here is Eddie Guardado's lure. Again we have the exact same design. Aren't bobble heads at least a little different? How can this collection be redeemed?
ericfishsmall.jpg Ah! The jewel of the collection, the Eric Milton Fishing Weasel. This is the lure that started it all. You remember those commercials, the Get to Know 'Em commercials where Eric Milton was featured with the then "fictitious" fishing weasel. Well, now you know, there really is a Fishing Weasel!

So there you have it, the complete set. Please let me know if you know of anyone that also has every one of these. I am pretty sure I am one of the few people that do. Cha-ching!

Posted by snackeru at May 2, 2004 11:06 PM | Twins

I wonder if you can tell me the dates the various lures were handedout? I am trying to put a collection together. Thanks.

Posted by: Ben McEvers at May 18, 2005 11:32 AM

Ben, thanks for the comment. Unfortunately I cannot remember the dates for these fishing lures, but I have been building the collection for about 3-4 years now. The Radke lure I bought off of Ebay. I would expect you could find the others there also.

Posted by: Shane at May 18, 2005 8:47 PM

If you want something done -----

Milton Weasel - 5/4/02 - Tigers - Cabela's
Mientkiewicz Rapala - 7/13/02 - Rangers - Dodge
Guardado Rapala - 4/30/03 - TB Rays - Gander Mt.
Radke Rapala - 5/30/03 - Mariners - Dodge
Jones Rapala - 5/1/04 - Angels - Rapala
Hrbek Rapala - 5/13/05 - Rangers - K.H. Outdoors

Posted by: Ben McEvers at May 30, 2005 11:06 PM