< Links of the day | Main | Gone camping >

Finally done

A quick note of profound joy: I'm finally done grading. For the past 5 days straight I have been either grading final exams or final projects and I am finally done. It is like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Of course, you might think that I can more regularly update this here blog, but you'd be wrong. In the middle of all this grading I've also had to plan for a Cub Scout camping trip that my oldest son, Alex, and I are going on this weekend. Tomorrow, I will have to take a day off of work to buy the rest of what we need and to pack everything up. You might also think that I am not looking forward to this weekend, but again you'd be wrong! What are you? Some kind of idiot? Anyway, I think it will be a lot of fun. Alex is bouncing off the walls he is so excited. I mean, it might even rain, he tells me. Oh goody! Actually it will be neat to spend a night in a tent with someone so excited. I hope some of that rubs off on me! Then on Saturday we'll probably do some hiking, and archery, and who knows what else. We'll eat disgusting food, and sleep on the hard ground, and, most importantly, we'll be men. I'll be taking pictures, so expect a little slide show of all our fun!

Posted by snackeru at May 6, 2004 11:21 PM | UThink