< Finally done | Main | Weekend observations >

Gone camping

Well, by the time you read this I'll be on my way to camping out, or I'll already be camping. Today I purchased a bunch of new camping equipment, like a poncho (apparently it will rain this weekend), and I've packed it all in the car. I am amazed at how much you have to bring on a one night camp out, especially if the forecast calls for rain. We must have enough stuff to fill up the trunk of a small Toyota: tent, sleeping bags, pads, duffel bags, pillows, etc.
trunk.jpg
You get the picture. Speaking of which, I've also got my camera so I should be able to get some good pictures of our excursion.

Now for the bad news, as Jim in St. Paul points out in the comment for one of my posts below, the stadium bill failed to pass the Ways and Means committee today. This doesn't mean it is dead, but it will be hard to resuscitate. Apparently there was some disagreement over using the soon to expire liquor and car rental taxes to pay either the communities' or the state's share of the stadiums. Here is what I think will happen next. I think the bill will pass in some form in the Senate. Then, either on the last day of the session, or in a special session, the bill will be rivived in the House. It will be close, but I think some kind of bill will pass. Will it be enough to dig that first fabled shovel full of dirt? We'll see, we shall see. Let me know what you think.

Posted by snackeru at May 7, 2004 3:55 PM | Life