< In your face | Main | Links of the day >

Wolves game tonight

Short post today as I've got tons of work to do, but I just wanted to let everyone know that I am aware that the T-Wolves are on tonight and I will be watching the game. I know, that must be a big relief to all of you. Anyway, I was reading the LA Times today and I came across this article which has some choice quotes for all of us to ponder over. First of all the author begins by stating that Minnesota is the curling capital of the country. He then states:

"I just know those folks who live out there in the hinterland are familiar with brooms, and next week when they turn on the TV and see a bunch of Laker fans waving brooms above their heads, I don't want them to think we're challenging them."

Oh, ha! ha! ... stop ... my sides hurt. That sure is a rib tickler! He then goes on to state:

"We all know the Lakers can name the final score tonight. Of course, they can do that almost any night, which makes you wonder why they let the other team win so often, but I just don't see any Mall of America incentive for Jeanie, Phil and our regular-season slackers to return to Minneapolis next week.

It's pretty well understood now in the basketball world, although it might be a few days before the rider arrives in Mankato with the news, that the Lakers are going to win another title. The only thing remaining in question is the date of the parade."

Wow. Strong words. I'm starting to get a little angry.

"One of the newspapers back there, and I can never tell the difference between those small-town twins Minneapolis and St. Paul has a columnist, I believe, by the name of 'Sid Homer.' That tells you a little about these yahoos."

He has dared to mock Sid? That is strike two!

"Sure, I noticed their cheerleaders on TV, and I guess it was a long winter, so the good news is they'll have four more games to work themselves into swimsuit shape."

Ahhh! He has stepped over the line! The beauty of our women-folk has been questioned! If that doesn't work T-Wolves fans into a frenzy nothing will! For the honor of our women (who by the way are absolutely gorgeous) we must show no mercy. I don't know about you, but this series has now stepped up a notch on the hatred meter. I hate the Lakers! And I know I'm not alone. You may have 9 million people cheering for you to win, LA, but the rest of the country is decidedly in favor of the T-Wolves.

And by the way, we want our team nickname back too!

Posted by snackeru at May 21, 2004 9:11 AM

Let's start a collection fund to fed-ex this LA Times guy some crow. It sure would make for a tasty 4th of July picnic!
http://blog.lib.umn.edu/hamm0268/qwerty

Posted by: Carl Hamm at May 21, 2004 3:45 PM