< Gates of Fire | Main | Afternoon baseball >

Links of the Day

Posted by snackeru at June 2, 2004 8:37 AM | Links of the day

That TV theme song site was outstanding. It made me remember the serious discussions I would get into in elementary school about which helicopter was best, Blue Thunder or Airwolf. If I remember correctly, Airwolf was deemed to be the better helicopter, but Blue Thunder was the better show. Perhaps it was due to the characters portrayed by Dana Carvey (before SNL), Dick Butkus, and Bubba Smith. I must say, though, that the best into/theme song was for Magnum, PI, although the clip from this site was for the music only. Not the same as having the footage there to go along with the song. Great site!

Posted by: Curt Hanson at June 2, 2004 10:06 AM

Curt, we had the same conversations at my elementary school. Airwolf was one heckuva machine, but the show was flat. I really liked the theme to the A-Team. I used to wow my friends by reciting the introduction from memory. And it is a shame that the Magnum PI intro doesn't come with video since it includes the famous "Selleck punch" that I like to use on people from time to time (elbow to stomach, fist to face)!

Posted by: Shane at June 2, 2004 2:05 PM

I want biodiesel to work but I want to know all the negatives if there are any. The car talk guys from NPR say that you get 12% less power with biodiesel and if you do not have the correct seals in your engine for the fuel it eats the regular seal right up.

Posted by: Fritz at June 3, 2004 8:51 AM

Fritz, that is very interesting. I hadn't heard anything like that, but really the whole biodiesel idea is in its infancy. If biodiesel starts picking up steam as a possible alternative fuel source I think you'll see cars developed that can best maximize its potential. In other words, I think 12% less power and problematic seals can probably be fixed with a little more research and development. Personally I would be willing to live with these problems if it decreased our reliance on foreign oil.

Posted by: Shane at June 3, 2004 9:32 AM

I agree especially since a guy is building a biodiesel refiniery about a 5 minutes from my house. I am shopping for a GMC diesel as we speak. Go to the cars.com website and you can find more information about what I was talking about. The seals have to have fluoroelastomer composition.

Posted by: Fritz at June 3, 2004 11:33 AM

Or this....automotive fuels including biodiesel and sour ... regulator diaphragms require Viton® fluoroelastomer’s reliability and ... pump mounts feature seals molded with ...
www.automotive.dupont.com/en/systems/ fuelSys/fuelDelivery.html - 74k - Cached - Similar pages

Posted by: Fritz at June 3, 2004 1:21 PM

Hi, I saw you were talking about Penis enlargement on this site. If you'd like to submit your page to SH Directory, please do ;-) (http://www.shdir.com)

Posted by: Sexual Health Dir at September 13, 2004 8:25 AM