< Afternoon baseball | Main | Links of the day >

Super G

You could say that I'm really getting into this blog stuff. I don't think I've reached the obsessive stage (my wife would probably disagree) but I'm getting up there. One thing I really like about blogs and blog software, in this case Movable Type, is how easy it is to add new entries, edit old entries, and just to get content up on the web. In the two months that UThink has been up, there have been almost 280 blogs created, and over 1,200 posts written. Not too shabby. There have been blogs created for research, classes, departments, newsletters, and, of course, many personal blogs have been created. While I'm not surprised with this at all (I expected the bulk to be personal blogs), I am a little surprised with the lack of photoblogs, or blogs that are primarily pictures. So, I decided to create one myself.

So, I'd like to take this opportunity to announce Super G, my photoblog. I hope to update Super G at least once a day with a picture of something I like, and sometimes a picture of something I don't like. I don't want to limit myself. There will be pictures of family, things, places, nature, etc. Probably more often than not just a picture of something I saw that day that I liked. You know, no big whoop.

To tell you the truth, I'm kind of excited about it since I think picking out one picture a day to literally illustrate the essence of that day will be sort of fun. There really is a lot to photograph and I'll probably have to buy another camera (a very cheap one) to make sure I'm always ready to take a snap shot. We'll see. Anway, sorry to bore you. On with the day!

Posted by snackeru at June 4, 2004 8:21 AM | Life