< Stadium news | Main | MT Educational License >

A visit from stadium royalty

Those of you that have been reading my blog for a while know that around the end of March I switched the site for this blog from a server in my basement to one here at the U. As a result I stopped checking my other blog for comments and started to just focus on the one here. Big mistake. It seems that on May 16, one of my posts on stadium issues got a comment from none other than Larry Spooner. That's right, the brave individual that has been marching around the capitol building in St. Paul for the past 4 months, single-handedly demanding that stadiums get built in Minnesota. Here is his comment below:

"Larry Spooner here, my wife Lynn has shown me the articles in which you praise my stadium efforts!

I'm honored by your comments! Last week I testified 2 times, May 5th in the Senate State & Local Goverment commitee, and May 6th in the House Ways & Means commitee, The bill passsed in the first one, but a 13-13 vote in the 2nd one is considered failed, I say a tie is a "do over"!!!

But due to the stalemate over the States budget balancing failure by our Legislators, it wasn't going ahead anyway. My understanding is our only hope now is for the Gov. to call a "special session" which I'm not sure if he'll do it. I put in countless hours last week and all day Sat. and overnight Sat. untiill 7am Sun. morning walikng around the Capitol with a sign saying "Bring Back Stadium Bill, Minnesotans deserve the best, New Stadium Yes!" I'm emotionally exhausted, but I told all of them, I'll be back! anyway Thanks for your words of praise, I'm not worthy!!!! sorry for any mis-spelled words!" SPVIKES@AOL.COM

He doesn't think he is worthy??? This guy is seriously my hero! My little ramblings don't hold a candle to his Herculian efforts. Not only does he have the guts to take a stand for the stadium issue, but he also has the guts to do it alone and for all the world to see. I can't imagine what kind of negativity he had to put up with at the capitol. Anway, I'd like to take this opportunity to publicly say thanks to Larry for all his efforts. I really think he had an impact regarding this year's stadium debate. And the great thing is, I don't think he is finished! On with the special session!

Please take a moment to write and thank Larry!

Posted by snackeru at June 7, 2004 12:42 PM | Stadiums