June 27, 2004
Links of the day
- I would not have passed 8th grade in 1895.
- Cool Superstitions Database.
- How accurate is the movie Hoosiers to the real life story of Milan, IN?
- Great story on the building of Miller Park from the Washington Post. Many lessons to be learned here. Username: email@example.com, password: bigwig
- Office Space Wars, humorous Star Wars/Office Space parody.
- Stunning flash animation of Alice and Wonderland.
Posted by snackeru at June 27, 2004 10:37 PM | Links of the day
Bud Selig is nothing more than pond scum. He will join Carl Pohlad in the 9th circle of hell for what he has done to the game of baseball. If MLB is going to contract "weak" franchises, they need to look no further than Montreal (which MLB has ruined), Tampa Bay (which MLB created), and Milwaukee (which Selig ruined).
Curt in Grand Forks
Posted by: Curt Hanson at June 28, 2004 8:43 AM
I love the Brewers and Miller Park is very nice (even with the obstructed views of the corners). Yes, the financing and the construction were an absolute mess. The accident certainly did not help matters from a financial (addtl $100 million in costs) or pr (deaths of 3 workers) standpoint. I don't like Selig owning the Brewers, or his daughter for that matter either. He served his purpose in bringing a team to Milwaukee, now he needs to sell, and a new owner needs to clean house entirely. This is one of the most mismanaged teams out there from a front office standpoint.
Posted by: Cheesehead Craig at June 28, 2004 12:03 PM
Found this link for the 1895 quiz. Interesting theory that education is not as bad today as it has been reported.
Posted by: Cheesehead Craig at June 28, 2004 12:12 PM