< Links of the day | Main | Blah >

Not moving

Just to reiterate, the Vikings are not moving to LA. I wrote about this a few days ago, and since then more reasons have come forth which strengthen the argument that Red is doing little more than bluffing.

The Vikings sell out every home game, they have natural, healthy rivalries in the area, and the have a tradition of support from their home state. The NFL does not want another Cleveland on its hands. No way. Compared to the Chargers, Saints, and Colts, the Vikings have not been begging nearly as long for a new stadium. In the NFL ownership circles I'm sure the general feeling is Red hasn't earned and he doesn't deserve LA.

I tell you, if Red dares show his face to the Metrodome crowd this season I will boo like I have never booed before. First of all, he is making the worst bluff in the history of stadium politics I have ever seen. Does he think we are all rookies at this? Secondly, he is a moron. There are more tactful ways of getting a stadium built. Plus it is obvious he hasn't learned anything from the Twins stadium battles. Do not threaten Minnesotans with a move we know will never happen! Red, we will never build a stadium for you! Sell the team!

Posted by snackeru at July 6, 2004 8:57 AM | Vikings

I am so glad that as a fan of the greatest team anywhere, the Packers, I don't have to worry about this moving garbage. I feel sorry for you that you have to deal with this, Shane.

Posted by: Cheesehead Craig at July 6, 2004 3:16 PM