< I've got nothing | Main | How lucky we are >

I have to comment on this

Regardless of your political leanings, you've got to admit that President Bush says some pretty humorous things sometimes. Just today Bush said about terrorists, "They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." Huh? I know what he means, but other people are going to have a field day with this. [from coffee grounds] That isn't what I wanted to comment on, though. On top of all these "Bushisms" we have this: I don't know how many of you heard about this, but on a campaign stop in Albuquerque Cheney required anyone who wanted to hear his speech to sign a "loyalty oath." That's right, if you wanted to get in to hear Cheney talk you had to sign a document that said you support Bush for president in the upcoming election. Apparently this was done to thwart efforts by a local Democratic organization from crashing the party. Truthfully, I don't really care about the rights or wrongs about the oath in general, but I do think the form they had people sign must have been put together by a 10 year old. Check out this line:

I, (full name) ... do herby (sic) endorse George W. Bush for reelection of the United States."

I do "herby"? I think they mean do "hereby." And do we really endorse Bush for reelection of the United States? Is he reelecting the United States for something? Me confused. It later adds that,
"In signing the above endorsement you are consenting to use and release of your name by Bush-Cheney as an endorser of President Bush.

You are "consenting to use and release of your name..." Egads! Someone must have been in a hurry when they put this together.

Posted by snackeru at August 5, 2004 3:52 PM | Life

Herby? That's taking the name in vain of either (1) the Love Bug; or (2) Big #14, one of the two or three greatest Twins first basemen of the pre-Morneau era.

Posted by: Oldstuffer at August 6, 2004 3:34 PM