August 16, 2004
Links of the day
- Highly addictive game of waste paper basketball. Will take you a little bit to figure out, and then you are off and shooting.
- How to be creative. Rule #1 -- Ignore everybody.
- Top 50 fast food chains ranked by sales. McDonald's is number 1 by quite a bit.
- Empty Olympic stadiums setting off alarm bells. Apparently Greece is hoping for 5 million spectators and has only sold 3.9 million tickets. Sydney had about 9 million spectators.
- Classical Music Library. This is a link to a new database from the Hennepin County Public Library called the Classical Music Library. This database is amazing. With it you can search for thousands of classical music pieces performed by orchestras and symphonies around the world, listen to those pieces, and even download them. Wow. I was just listening to Handel's Water Music and the sound quality is pretty good. You can even create playlists on the site to save your favorite works and easily retrieve them for later use. Unfortunately this link will only be good for residents of Hennepin County in Minnesota with a HC Library card. Anyway, I'll be mentioning this as a possible purchase for the U Libraries. I think the Music Library could make some good use of a database like this.
Posted by snackeru at August 16, 2004 8:50 AM | Links of the day