August 18, 2004
Links of the day
- Pop and high sugar juices are not good for kids. Click "download" to read a very compelling slide show that makes a great argument.
- U of M and U of Wisconsin will now battle for the "Border Battle Cup," not just infootball but many sports.
- Speaking of the Gophers, SI has picked them to win the Big Ten in football. They have officially been jinxed.
- Tons of "Lists of Bests." Just a really cool site that I've been looking at for about a half an hour.
- Recent interviews with the cast of the cult classic movie Office Space.
- Kevin Garnett's site on adidas.com. Cool stuff about him and the making of his new commercial.
- Chicken of the Sea tuna, now with more "Omega-3!" I heard this on a car commercial this afternoon that Chicken of the Sea tuna has the most Omega-3 of any tuna fish. The most obvious question is what the heck is Omega-3? But it quickly dawned on me that it doesn't matter. It just sounds cool, and if it sounds cool it will sell more tuna. The principal is so simple: think of a cool word and stick a number behind it. So, I'm going to create a new tuna that has more "Octavious-150" than any other can of tuna. Little will anyone know that Octavious-150 is actually my code for "tuna fish." Who is with me?
Posted by snackeru at August 18, 2004 9:56 PM | Links of the day
I love the idea of a "Border Battle Cup". Can't beleive it wasn't thought of sooner. Sorry that this trophy won't fill the trophy case at the U of M (much like the other non-existent trophies as you blogged about on 8/10). On Wisconsin! On Wisconsin!
Posted by: Cheesehead Craig at August 18, 2004 11:06 PM
Wow! Who would have thought you could sell more tuna with Omega-3 in it? Seems like most of the world is trying to get the chemicals out of foods not in them! Does it make it last longer? Does it make you glow in the dark? I think you're right, it's just hype. Personally they had me at "White Albacore" but that's just me.
Posted by: Deb at August 20, 2004 10:52 PM