August 20, 2004
Keep it short
Too much to do today:
- You picked a fine time to choke, Mr. Nathan. Especially considering the heroics of Shannon Stewart last night. Oh well, at least he got it out of his system. I expect Joe Nathan will pitch like an animal during this weekend's series with Cleveland. So, as with everything, there is probably a silver lining in this. It sure would have been nice to sweep the Yankees, though.
- An interesting conundrum tonight for all Minnesota sports fans. What to watch? The Twins or the Vikings? I'm sure most fans will do like I do, watch the first half of the Vikings game and switch over to the Twins during commercial breaks and after half time. Or put two TVs side by side ... or watch picture in picture! The options boggle the mind.
- Speaking of the Vikings, I've been thinking more about this Reggie Fowler business. We all know that Reggie is stuck in Minnesota until 2011, and he must know it too. Why else would Red be selling if he 1) doesn't think he can build a stadium and 2) he knows the Vikings are stuck here until 2011? So, the sale to Fowler could actually be a good thing especially considering how quiet he is being. Let's say Red sells to Fowler. I would think this would greatly interest the Minnesota legislature, and maybe even scare our fine public servants into action. Fowler is being so quiet that he has got to be making the legislature a little nervous. And I think the sentiment is true that any owner is better as long as that owner is committed to keeping the Vikings in Minnesota. If that is true of Fowler, then great. I think Fowler is being wise right now, though, by just keeping his mouth shut. The last thing we need is another Donald Watkins.
- Today I'll be writing a speech for the upcoming Internet Librarian 2004 conference in beautiful Moneterey CA this November. They've asked me to speak on UThink, but they require the presentation to be completed by August 25 so it an be included in the conference proceedings. August 25! So, I've got a few days to put something together. Wish me luck.
- One more thing, we should have traded Onterrio Smith when we had the chance. We could have gotten a decent corner out of him I should think. What a waste. I hope this is the wake up call he needs.
Posted by snackeru at August 20, 2004 9:05 AM | Sports
Onterrio Smith, the self-proclaimed Steal Of the Draft (SOD). Turns out he was the Smoker Of the Draft. Better hope Bennett doesn't hurt himself again, or the Vikes offense is sunk.
Posted by: Cheesehead Craig at August 20, 2004 10:35 AM
Hmmm ... I don't know about the "Vikings offense is sunk" comment. For one, we've still got Moe Williams. He's pretty good. We've also got the rookie Mewelde Moore, who Tice is really excited about. And then there is Larry Ned who has shown signs of being a decent player. So, if Michael Bennett gets hurt we should be OK. Especially considering Smith will be back after the fourth game.
Posted by: Shane at August 20, 2004 12:27 PM
Shane, quit blogging and get back to your presentation. You don't have time to defend the hopeless cause that is the Vikings.
Posted by: Cheesehead Craig at August 20, 2004 1:40 PM
Ah! You have angered me with your ... your ... well you have a point. I should get back to my presentation.
Posted by: Shane at August 20, 2004 1:41 PM