August 22, 2004
Links of the day
- Really cool interactive map of Washington, DC.
- I am saddened for our society and its values. Which is worse, the "gangsta" culture or the "pimp" culture?
- Link for me. Minimalist web design that I may "borrow" from.
- Interesting admissions from Microsoft on how seemingly small decisions cost them millions.
- Amazon tribe has no concept or words for numbers, or words for separate colors. Wow.
- Interesting internet petition, "God is not a Republican. Or a Democrat." Thought provoking.
- This stuff would be fun for a while before it would drive me stark raving mad.
Posted by snackeru at August 22, 2004 9:07 PM | Links of the day
The link for the minimalist web design leads to the pimp costume page (which I agree is quite disturbing). Could you fix this, as I am interested in this subject as well. Thanks.
Curt in Grand Forks
Posted by: Curt Hanson at August 23, 2004 8:34 AM
Sorry, it has been fixed. I just like the lack of graphics and use of pleasant colors to separate content on this guy's design.
Posted by: Shane at August 23, 2004 8:51 AM
Great links today, no sports stuff.
I gotta vote both are bad, the whole glorification of crime that seeps into our culture is disturbing, but the objectification of women exemplified by the pimp/ho costumes is extremely disturbing. Violence and sex rolled into one message. Where is childhood? Where are the adults who are supposed to be protecting the children? We just go from infancy to an extended adolescence that lasts from three until somewhere in one's forties...
Posted by: Rachel at August 23, 2004 3:12 PM