< Links of the day | Main | It continues >

Boring

My life is so boring. I apologize for it. I could talk about the Twins and how Santana dominated the best hitting lineup in the AL tonight (Texas), or I could talk about the Vikings and how their secondary is looking a little thin right now. But you can read the newspapers and get all that news and opinion. What can I offer that is of any actual interest to you, dear reader? Sadly, I don't have much.

My wife and I had this conversation today:

Wife: Let's get a sandwich at Panera. They've got some really good food there.

Me: Panera?!?!? All they've got is soup and crazy bread for sandwiches. I'm not going to spend $10 on soup and sourdough bread.

Wife: They've got more than sourdough...

Me: Yeah, they've got three types of bread: pumpernickel, dill weed, and sourdough. Oh boy, yummy.

Wife: They've got white and wheat, too.

Me: They want me to spend $10 on wheat bread? I've got wheat bread at home.

Wife: (Sigh) The bread doesn't matter, it's what you put on the inside of your sandwich that matters.

Me: Well, I've got ham at home too. I can put ham on my sandwich.

Wife: I don't think they have ham...

Me: They don't have ham?!?!? What do they expect me to eat? Sourdough and pimento loaf?

Wife: You are an idiot.

Obviously, I was just trying to get her goat a little bit. But I love my wife. Almost 11 years of marriage and I still love hanging out with her. We have a great time. I can't believe she can put up with me. And no, we didn't go to Panera.

Posted by snackeru at August 23, 2004 9:57 PM | Life

You are an idiot!

Posted by: molly at August 24, 2004 7:58 AM

I pull a great April Fools joke on you, take you to not 1, but 2 games at Miller Park, make you mow my lawn after losing a bet and you say your life is boring. Sheez. I may have to agree with your wife on this one.

Posted by: Cheesehead Craig at August 24, 2004 11:31 AM

I guess I should qualify my statement, I should have said my life is boring as of late. I mean, compared to Miller Park, everything is downhill from there. And when the annual Stadium Bataan Death March begins again, then things will pick up for sure.

Posted by: Shane at August 24, 2004 12:33 PM

She should know by now to call me if she wants to go to Panera...

Posted by: Cheeseheads' wife at August 24, 2004 1:43 PM

How's this sound Shane, let's go to the State Fair this weekend. You can go down the big yellow slide and maybe a couple other rides. We can get lots of yummy food and have loads of fun!

Posted by: Cheesehead Craig at August 24, 2004 1:47 PM

Yes, a fine idea. I also want to go to the chicken barn. There are some truly amazing chicken species out there.

Posted by: Shane at August 24, 2004 1:51 PM

Panera?? Never heard of it. Obviously, this fine restaurant has not made it into the Hinterland known as North Dakota. And trust me Shane, you have not experiences true boredom, until you've lived in Grand Forks, North Dakota, during the winter. It is too cold to go anywhere, but then there is nothing to see, anyway.

Curt in Grand Forks (need I say that I'm bored?)

Posted by: Curt Hanson at August 24, 2004 2:46 PM

Curt, you are right! I haven't experienced true boredom until I have lived through a Grand Forks winter! My apologies. The more I think about it though, what I was really writing about (I think) was the boring nature of my own posts recently. I blather on about the Twins and the Vikings, but what am I really saying? Not much. Can't wait for stadium season to come around again. The writing juices really start to flow then.

Posted by: Shane at August 24, 2004 4:26 PM

Sometimes, you just need to choke down a $10.00 pimento sandwich to prove your love!

Molly- I will go with you if you can get me to eat anything but Chipotle when we are there.

Our love to you guys!

Posted by: Jen in Grand Forks at August 24, 2004 9:12 PM

Amen Sister!! P.S. We ended up at Chipotle

Posted by: molly at August 24, 2004 11:13 PM