< Boring | Main | Work has been slain! >

It continues

What to write about? Again, I don't feel the need to write about anything. So, this post will be about whatever pops into my head.

• Last night I was attacked by my cat. My oldest son invited his friend Evan over to check out his new laser tag set. Evan has the unfortunate habit of leaving doors open as he goes outside and back inside and back outside ... you get the picture. So, my cats got out like three times last night. "Why doesn't the screen door keep the cats in?" you might ask. Well, for some aggravating reason all the kids who pass through my house like to push on the screen to open the door rather than the door itself. So, all my screens are pushed out. I could fix them, but the cycle would just start all over again. Anyway, the third time my cats got out my female cat, Trinity, was in the middle of attacking another cat from across the street. I ran to pick her up and she hissed at me. At me! Stupid cat. So, I picked her up and she attacked me leaving cuts on my hand and forearm. Yelling in pain I walked back to my house and she tried to attack me three more times! She was hissing, caterwauling, and squirming the whole time. I've never seen anything like this out of her. So, I tossed her into a bedroom and slammed door. Later on in the night she was purring and affectionate towards me again. Cats. Very strange creatures.

• Joe Nathan. What is wrong with you? The one excuse he has, I suppose, is that the Texas Rangers are the best hitting team in baseball. But I'm already sick of this. Hopefully the next time we see him he'll be his dominant self.

• I'll be going to the State Fair this weekend, as I'm sure many of you will. I can get tickets for $2 off thanks to the U of M. Anyway, while at the fair I usually eat until my butt sticks out, and I usually eat these items: fried cheese curds, elephant ears, mini doughnuts, and a pork chop on a stick. If you haven't had a pork chop on a stick you are missing out. They are spectacular. Leave a comment below if you think I should try anything else.

• I'm also looking forward to seeing the U's "The Stadium Experience" at their building at the fair. Of course, I am in favor of bringing Gopher football back to campus. We'll see what the "experience" has to offer.

Posted by snackeru at August 25, 2004 8:55 AM | Life

How many more signs do you need that all cats are evil and should be obliterated? I say get rid of the cats! If Hennepin Co can ban smoking for the greater good of it's residents, I think they should ban cats as well. I'm going to start a petition at the Fair! Speaking of the Fair, the best beverage deal is the honey lemonade. 16oz cup for about a $1. At least it was 2 years ago, but it can't have gone up too much. I would recommend this to your thousands of readers. It makes a great complement to a foot long chili cheese dog.

Posted by: Cheesehead Craig at August 25, 2004 10:15 AM

Shane, your experiences are Exhibit A in regards to why I am not a pet person. The fact that I am allergic to pets of all kinds plays no small role, either. Do they still have Root Beer Milk at the Fair? I have only visited the Fair once, but I really remember this type of milk.

Curt in Grand Forks (bored, as usual)

Posted by: Curt Hanson at August 25, 2004 11:32 AM

State fair: Vescio's garlic/cheese pizza bread; Danielson and daughters Onion Rings (outside the food building); and scones topped with peaches, strawberries and cream (in the food building).
    YUM

Posted by: Mom at August 25, 2004 12:37 PM

Hmmm ... those scones sound good. I forgot to also mention that I usually get a malt at the Dairy building.

Posted by: Shane at August 25, 2004 1:05 PM

Dude, could you score us three tickets? I don't know if Adam has to pay, though, is it under 5 are free? We have to bring Leah if we are leaving earlier than ten AM, which I believe we are. Oh, by the way, did you know the Recknagels would be with you all day Saturday?
    I love your cat, the cuts and bleeding are a small price to pay for such great and lovely cats.

Posted by: Cheesehead's wife at August 25, 2004 2:38 PM

Yup, four and under are free, so two tickets for the Recknagels, please.

Posted by: Cheesehead's wife at August 25, 2004 2:40 PM

Two tickets coming up. Did I mention that there is a $2 processing fee for each ticket?

Posted by: Shane at August 25, 2004 4:17 PM

• eXTReMe Tracker