August 29, 2004
Links of the day
- 1961 view of life in the year 2000. Accurate in some ways, way off in others.
- 100 most challenged books 1990-2000. There are some books I can't believe are on this list: A Wrinkle in Time? To Kill a Mockingbird? Where's Waldo?????
- Write in Mel Gibson for President!
- Place bets on whether the biggest physics experiments in the world will come good before 2010. Feeling pretty good about the Higgs Boson? Care to make a wager?
- What is the Higgs boson, and why do we want to find it?
- 20 Questions to a better relationship. I am an RSIG. Right in some ways, not in others (of course).
- Godchecker.com: your guide to mythological pantheons. A little sacreligious, but still a cool site.
- 64 = 65? A little bit of a mind bender for you.
- If not Mel Gibson, then why not Bea Arthur?
- Janitor accidently throws away "art" that looks like bag of trash.
- Top 10 Sci-Fi films of all time. I wouldn't rank Blade Runner number one and I would put The Matrix higher. What else would you put on? Gattaca? 12 Monkeys? Contact? They Live starring Rowdy Roddy Piper?
Posted by snackeru at August 29, 2004 7:33 PM | Links of the day
Just to let you know - in our house we use the top 100 banned books list to find interesting new books...Cormier is now one of my daughter's favorite authors.
Posted by: anne at August 31, 2004 9:28 PM
Ha! Yes, it could certainly be used in that manner. I'll have to check out Cormier. I don't think I've read any of his work.
Posted by: Shane at September 1, 2004 9:36 AM