September 3, 2004
Links of the day
Not much to say today. The Vikings game was a little boring yesterday, although I think the Seattle offense took it to the Viking defense a little bit. I don't think Tice or any of the Vikings really cared though. Bring on the regular season.
The Twins are looking good. Especially Brad Radke. Shutting out the Texas Rangers is no small feat. And Craig, correct me if I'm wrong, but if one extrapolated Morneau's numbers to a full season he would have 50 home runs and 130 RBIs. That is something special.
Gopher game tomorrow and I am excited about it. Should be a good year for the Golden Gophers. Actually, it should be a couple of good years. Mason is already saying, "If you think we'll be good this year, wait until next year!" Hopefully they can make some waves this year. It would really help their stadium drive.
Lots of talk about potential Viking owners in the Star Trib today. I'm a little nervous about Waitt. He is rumored to be a Vikings fan, but if the Chargers left San Diego would Waitt consider moving them? Perish the thought.
And lastly, the Packers first team offense is touted to be pretty good this year, yet they have only scored one (1) touchdown in three pre-season games. Their defense is also getting thrown at a lot without Mike McKenzie. Oh yes, the fury of the Norsemen will be upon them. They will be like Irish monks defending themselves with pitchforks whilst the Vikings pillage their home land. Yes, Nov. 14 will be a good day.
- Andrew Sullivan did not like Zell Miller's speech at all. I must say I thought it was a little harsh myself.
- Ruff, ruff, ruff! From Cheesehead Craig.
- Mysterious signals from 1,000 lightyears away. Could we be listening to aliens?
- This is hilarious. Florida State is touting this "huge" deal with Apple iTunes to give students free downloads of the software, and they will only charge 99 cents per song download. Ummm ... that is what Apple charges everyone. Good negotiation skills down there. One comment summed it up nicely, "FSU signs contract: Free air for all!"
- This picture is making the rounds.
- A student wrote a piece on what he feels are the best posts on UThink. One of my posts about Miller Park made the cut. Yippeee!
- Reactions to Zell Miller's speech: "Zell's speech reads better in the original German." Ouch.
Posted by snackeru at September 3, 2004 8:56 AM | Links of the day
Repeat after me Shane: The only thing that matters in the preseason is injuries (and drug suspensions). Who cares how many TD's the Packer offense scores in the preseason? How many years did the Vikes go 4-0 in the preseason and tank in the regular season? It's meaningless.
I know you are just trying to goad me, and it's all good. Yes, the Packers are getting thrown at more, due to more blitzing by them and a relatively inexperienced CB slot and teams knowing that. Plus, teams want to see what the refs are going to call with the new bumping rules. I have no worries about the season as I feel the Packers have just as good of an offense and a better defense than the Vikes. Come Nov 14th, come on over for brats, cheese curds and so much Todd Rundgren "Bang on the Drums" it will make your ears bleed.
Posted by: Cheesehead Craig at September 3, 2004 9:41 AM
Yes, me likey to goad. Goading is fun. Plus, whenever I hear anything about the Packers being subpar I have a duty to report it, no matter what part of the season we are in.
Posted by: Shane at September 3, 2004 1:02 PM