< Greet Machine Voter's Guide | Main | Feeling pretty good >

OK, I'm happy

Quick note before I go to bed. Curt in Grand Forks has shown me the error of my ways. For many months I have expressed my deep dislike of the Red Sox. If the Yankees are Evil Empire A, then surely the Red Sox are Evil Empire B. Achieving the two highest payrolls in the game, the owners of the Red Sox and the Yankees both deserve a spot somewhere in Dante's Inferno. However, Curt described to me a scenario that truthfully I did not think possible. Curt wrote that a Red Sox victory in the World Series will open the floodgates for all the teams that have never won it all. Curt wrote that a Red Sox victory in the World Series will usher in a new era for all the teams dwelling in the realm of Lost-Hope. The Red Sox victory in the World Series tonight can only mean that a Vikings victory in the Super Bowl is imminent. Oh yes, it is now destiny. The stars and planets are all aligned, the cards are in our favor. This is the year of the Viking! Thank you Red Sox! You have given all of us hope!

Skol Vikings!

Posted by snackeru at October 27, 2004 11:51 PM | Sports

Well, the Sox had to wait 86 years to win their championship, so you have a ways to go yet Shane for the Vikes to win one.

Since you won't bring it up, I will. The Badgers are real close to an undefeated season and being Rose Bowl bound. Only 3 games to go, I'm so pumped. Next game: Minnesota at Camp Randall. Gonna be tough to stop the great running game the Gophers have, but if they can't run, the Gophers have no prayer in the air.

Posted by: Cheesehead Craig at October 28, 2004 9:16 AM

Tony, I certainly hope not. That would probably mean the Indians will beat the Twins for the AL Central. I realize that at some point the Twins may lose their grip on the division, but I can still hope they never will!

Posted by: Shane at October 28, 2004 3:14 PM

Look on the bright side, Minnesotans. The football gophers are exactly half-way thru their 86-year Rose Bowl lockout. In the mean time we will have to content ourselves with keeping Wisconsin out this year.

Posted by: oldstuffer at October 28, 2004 3:42 PM

Actually, come to think of it, the Vikings were born about the same time the Gophers last went to the Rose Bowl (which may suggest the basis of another curse), so perhaps the Vikes are already halfway to their Super Bowl victory as well. Too bad some of us won't be around in 2047 to celebrate.

Posted by: oldstuffer at October 28, 2004 3:58 PM

2047!!! You sure know how to dampen someone's spirits. I cannot even fathom waiting that long. Did you not read that by virtue of the Red Sox winning the flood gates are open for hard-luck teams like the Vikes? Jump on board oldstuffer! The bandwagon is leaving!

Posted by: Shane at October 28, 2004 4:04 PM

Yep oldtuffer, hop on the Bandwagon with Shane as it's on it's way to San Antonio for the Alamo Bowl.

You forgot one item Shane, the Red Sox paid a ton of money to get where they are and thus, remove the "curse". So wouldn't that mean that the "hard-luck" franchises would have to spend as well? So that would mean that Red would have to spend. Given he hasn't, and will not in the near future, I would say that the Vikes chances of winning it all should not be compared to that of the Red Sox breaking their "hard-luck" streak.

Posted by: Cheesehead Craig at October 28, 2004 4:50 PM