November 3, 2004
I wish I had more time, but I don't. There is so much to to talk about. If I had more time I would talk about:
- The election last night. I fear for America's future, not necessarily because Bush won but because how divided we seem to be.
- The Minnesota House races and how the House is now almost exactly split between DFL and GOP. I will definitley be looking more closely at the results and I'll try to guess if a stadium is more likely or not. Whlie I am excited by all the changes (the old group of "do-nothings" had to change), it is still unknown, of course, if that is enough to finally solve this problem.
- The Timberwolves season starts tonight, and Latrell Sprewell is saying some really stupid things. He has played the "feed my family" card and the "they are disrespecting me" card. Please, T-Wolves, please disrespect me for $14.6 million.
- Jimmy Johnson, the FOX NFL analyst and former Cowboys coach actually suggested that Red should either sell or move the team to LA only because of how he feels some fans have poorly treated Daunte Culpepper. If I had more time I would really have some choice things to say about him.
- Please take a look at David's comment in the post below. He's got some really interesting things to say which I wish I had more time to comment on.
- As you might imagine, there is a general feel of disgust on the U of M campus. It will be an interesting day.
Posted by snackeru at November 3, 2004 9:11 AM
Re: "...how divided we seem to be."
Went to my first Vikings game Sunday w/my husband and visiting father-in-law. Even amongst the H'ween costumes Kerry- and Bush-themed buttons, stickers and other gear were visible. In fact, no where had I seen this political divide this starkly and this condensed than there in the dome. Still don't know how I feel about new stadiums, but it's definitely true that they bring people together (at least for four quarters...)
Posted by: Yvette at November 3, 2004 11:01 AM