November 10, 2004
Links of the day
- UPDATE: The Wake has published their article about UThink (featuring quotes from yours truly). No link to the actual service though. Weird. Other than that a very good article. I am impressed.
- I don't know why this site made me chuckle so much, but it did. Keep on clicking the pictures.
- "Open letter to the Democratic party." This admittedly lackadaisical Christian explains why the Democrats made it so hard for her to vote for them. A very well written letter.
- Now is the time. Do yourself a favor and download Firefox 1.0. Unless you are a Mac user. Then who cares about you.
- "No Longer a Christian." Very thought provoking. Obviously this author didn't have the same disillusionment with the Democrats as the "open letter" author above.
- If you haven't seen it yet, check out the trailer for Star Wars Episode III. Lucas sure knows how to make a preview.
- These election maps are amazing. Truly shows how differently rural and urban areas vote.
- If you haven't heard of the wonder that is Chris Samp, WR for Winona State, then you should check out this site, Chris Samp for Heisman Trophy:
- According to David Brooks of the New York Times, Christians had very little to do with the results of the election last Tuesday.
- Very interesting visual representation of current events: 10x10.
- I only show this to demonstrate that the average IQ of Minnesotans is 2 points higher than our neighbors in Wisconsin. Take that Cheesehead!
- Color Scheme Generator. Handy for web designers, or if you want to repaint your bathroom, I suppose.
Posted by snackeru at November 10, 2004 7:17 AM | Links of the day
Well, have to say Shane, this promo for Star Wars 3 was a bit weak. Just didn't bring out my inner geekdom.
Posted by: Cheesehead Craig at November 9, 2004 9:31 PM
Craig, you have to remember that the movie doesn't come out for six months! They aren't even done filming yet, let alone the special effects. I'm surprised they were able to get out some impressive CGI shots this early. It looks great!
Posted by: Ryan at November 10, 2004 12:45 AM
I agree with Ryan. I think the preview looks very good. I have toned down my expectations for Episode III now based on the Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones, but I am still really excited for the movie to come out.
Posted by: Shane at November 10, 2004 8:39 AM
I thought the trailer was outstanding. I have long hoped that the Annakin/Obi-Wan light saber duel would be the climax of the entire series. Based on what we see in the trailer, it should be great.
Curt in Grand Forks
Posted by: Curt Hanson at November 10, 2004 10:08 AM