< Links of the day | Main | The time of the Cheesehead is almost upon us >

Goofy

I'm feeling goofy today. I don't have much to say, or I guess that should be anything of true importance to say, but I'm going to say it anyway.

• First off, my wife and I went to the YMCA a couple of nights ago to start an exercise routine. Of course, we didn't go last night, and I doubt we'll be able to go tonight, but I still feel good about starting to exercise. I ran on the treadmill for 30 minutes to get my body used to the idea that it is going to get into shape. Well, I didn't exactly run, I kind of jogged. And I didn't exactly jog for 30 minutes, it was more like 10 minutes. The rest of the time I walked briskly. My index finger also got a work out pushing the down button on the incline scale. The stupid treadmill kept on rising up like I was climbing up a hill or something! So, my finger is a little sore from trying to keep my heart from exploding. Yeah, I really pushed myself.

After I got off the tread mill I felt a very strange sensation. It felt like I was still on the treadmill and I was just gliding around the room as I walked. You know the scene in Fellowship of the Ring where the Ringwraiths glide into Frodo's room at the Prancing Pony and then proceed to vigorously stab all the bedding? That is how I felt after I got off the treadmill, only I didn't stab anybody.

• As I mentioned a couple of days ago, I'll be going to a conference in California next week. Monterey to be specific. It looks like the weather will be in the 60s while I am there so that will be nice. I hope to still be able to blog while I am away, but I may not be able to. In my absence, Cheesehead Craig has graciously agreed to add some of his Wisconsin based wisdom to my meager site. Some of you may be aghast at this idea, but I say it will add a little spice to all of our lives. What is a blog if not a little goofy sometimes?

• I'm sure all of you have also seen that the stadium deal in Washington DC has hit a little snag. It seems that the DC City Council Chair, Linda Cropp, wants the city to consider privately funding the stadium. I would be lying if I said I wasn't pleased to see DC have these kinds of problems. For them to come up with a plan so quickly really irked me. However, what excites me more about this development is the possibility that her idea for private financing might actually work. She claims that someone has already approached her offering $350 million. If she can make it work, hopefully that will demonstrate to the businessmen around here that a plan like this has some merits. Of course, I don't think she will actually be successful, but I don't think it is a bad idea to try. I'll be keeping an eye on this situation.

• Last night I spent a fair amount of time working on a new design for Mr. Cheer or Die's Viking Underground. I think it turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself. Mr. Cheer or Die has helped me immensely in gettting the word out about the Voter's Guide so as a thank you I tried to spruce up his site a little bit. Of course, it took me a little longer than I initially thought it would, but what is time amongst the brotherhood of Viking fans? Skol Vikings!

• One more thing, Michelle Malkin has a very interesting post about which states are most charitable: red or blue? A very interesting post that shows a contrast with yesterday's link about the states with the highest IQ (which has been proven to be a hoax anyway).

• Gotta get to work. See you soon!

Posted by snackeru at November 11, 2004 8:59 AM | Life

Yes, there will be some WI bias on the posts while Shane is gone. However, I do promise a big surprise on Monday. It will be something Shane has not done on his blog and frankly, I'm quite proud of the idea.

Too bad we had to quit the YMCA, Shane, else I would have you do my workout. I'd whip you into shape in no time, boy!

I can't believe you didn't know that the IQ site was a hoax. The first clue should have been the higher score that MN got on the chart than WI.

Posted by: Cheesehead Craig at November 11, 2004 10:12 AM

When do you leave for California, Shane? I expect no gloating upon your return if Mother Nature dumps six feet of snow on the rest of us in Minnesota!

Posted by: Carl/Qwerty at November 11, 2004 3:51 PM

Craig, you are scaring me to death now! What could it be? Oh well, whatever it is, it sounds like it will be different.

Carl, I will be leaving on Sunday. So while I could gloat that Mother Nature could dump some snow on you, you could return the favor by pointing out that I will miss the Packer/Viking game! Although, without Moss, that may be a good thing.

Posted by: Shane at November 11, 2004 3:55 PM