< The time of the Cheesehead is almost upon us | Main | Interview with Dave St. Peter >

The Era of the Cheesehead has begun!

Now that Shane is away, this blog is mine! Bow before my power!

Ok, now that that is out of my system, on to the article!
First off, the Packers came out and squeaked out a win against the Vikings. The Packers flat out dominated this game for the better part of 3 quarters. The Pack failing the 4th down conversion instead of kicking the field goal gave the Vikings the opening they needed to get back into the game. This was a great game by both Favre and Daunte. Daunte did his best John Elway/Brett Favre comeback impression, but just fell short. Here's my one complaint about the game: Many of the Viking fans I have seen are blaming the officials lost the game for the Vikes. It's the same pathetic excuse after every loss. It's a repeating mantra I keep hearing: "We are the better team, but the refs screwed us" Sorry gang, but giving up 34 points and over 400 yards is not the refs fault, it's the defense. I realize that I'll take some heat for this, but this is 4 losses that the Viking fans have complained about the officials. This defense is bad (hey, the Packers know about bad defenses this year), that's what is to blame.

The Packers have come back from the edge of the Abyss just 4 weeks ago. This team is on a roll and in sole possession of 1st place in the division. It's a great day in Minnesota.

Posted by snackeru at November 14, 2004 9:16 PM | Cheesehead Craig

With Favre, Green, and Walker, this team reminds me of watching the Colts, and it can be very fun to watch when the offense is rolling. But I think they'll have about as much success in the playoffs as the Colts typically do unless they get some serious defensive help. On a related note, is there a product from Tivo that, in addition to allowing me to skip commercials, allows me to skip parts in the game where the defense is on the field? It's hard to watch.

Posted by: Tim at November 15, 2004 10:45 AM